Who should NOT have PRF? Avoid if you have:
- Cancer or metastatic disease
- An active infection
- A low platelet count
1 week prior to treatment:
3 days prior to treatment.
- AVOID the use of Retin A, Retinols, and Vitamin A creams for 1 week before your treatment.
- AVOID the use of NSAIDS (ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, Naproxen, Aspirin, etc.) 5 days before the procedure (Tylenol is OK for pain relief).
- AVOID the following nutritional supplements for 5 days before the procedure -- Ginko Biloba, Garlic, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Flax Oil, Fish Oils.
- AVOID the systemic use of corticosteroids for 1 week before the procedure.
- AVOID Alcohol and Cigarettes for 5 days before the procedure.
- HYDRATE very well for three days before and the day of the procedure for ease of blood draw.
- Avoid ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil)
- Hold the use of Retinols & exfoliating acids 3 days before your treatment.
- Acetaminophen/Tylenol is fine to take before or after treatment.
- Note: if you need to take medications for medical reasons, do not discontinue without discussing with your prescribing healthcare provider.
Day of treatment:
If you are prone to cold sores, take your medication (e.g. acyclovir or valacyclovir/Valtrex)
For male patients: please come to your appointment with a clean-shaven face
Cleanse the treatment area well prior to your appointment
POSTCARE | MICRONEEDLING
** Review Instructions: **
- NO makeup for 24 hours following treatment.
- Avoid the following products for 24 hours post-treatment: Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid alcohol-based products the first week.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions.
- After 48 hours, you may return to using your regular skincare regimen.
- We do not recommend using any over-the-counter skin care products during the healing process. Use medical-grade products recommended by your provider.
- Mild bruising and irritation may occur
- AVOID the use of NSAIDS (ibuprofen, Aspirin, etc.) 5 days after the procedure (Tylenol is OK for pain relief).
- AVOID the following nutritional supplements for 5 day after the procedure -- Ginko Biloba, Garlic, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Flax Oil, Fish Oils.
• AVOID the systemic use of corticosteroids for 2 weeks after the procedure.
• AVOID Alcohol and Cigarettes for 5 days after the procedure.
• EAT a healthy diet & HYDRATE very well – at least 64 ounces of clean fresh water.
We would love your feedback on what you enjoyed and what could have been better at your appointment. If you would like, we would greatly appreciate if you leave Honey Aesthetics a review on google. Thank you & we hope to see your beautiful face soon!