PRE-CARE & POST-CARE | FILLER
The following are contraindications with your filler appointment. Please call the office if any apply, we will need to clear it with the provider or reschedule your appointment.
- Any vaccinations/boosters in the last 2 weeks
- Breastfeeding or pregnant?
- Keloid scaring
- Taking antibiotics for an active infection
- Taking blood thinners or steroids
- Chemo/radiation in the last 12 months
- Allergies to lidocaine
- Dental work within 2 weeks of injections
PRE-CARE | FILLER
POST-CARE | FILLER
- Do NOT massage/rub the treated areas for 24 hours
- Do NOT perform strenuous activities (heavy lifting, cardio, yoga, etc.) for 24 hours.
- Do NOT lie down or bend over with your head down within 3 hours to avoid product migration.
- No facials, massages, exfoliating or using any Clarisonic devices for at least 10 days following injections.
- Avoid tanning beds, steam rooms, and saunas for 24 hours.
- Please wait until the day after treatment before wearing hats or headbands.
- If there is bruising at the injection site, apply ice.
- Reassess the treated areas at the 2-week mark, if you have remaining or asymmetrical movement please reach out to schedule a refinement visit. We will adjust your dose for next time to ensure the results are perfect!
EMERGENCY: please contact us immediately if you notice the following:
IMMEDIATELY TEXT A PHOTO TO YOUR PROVIDER
- Severe pain and/or color change (pale/dusky/blotchiness) of skin anywhere on the face. Even if it’s away from the area injected.
- Increase in pain, discomfort, color change hours after injections.
- Herpes or blister-like outbreak 24-72 hours after injections.
- Severe swelling (3 times increase in size) after treatment.
- ★ TEXT 612-963-2784
- ONLY if you do not receive a reply within 2 HOURS, TEXT: 612-388-1902
The treated area may be swollen, sore, bruised and/or lumpy/bumpy. Apply ice lightly to the areas injected, for 15 min each hour. Numbness from the lidocaine may persist for 1 to 2 hours. Avoid all medications/supplements/foods/alcohol (unless medically necessary) that were listed in the pre-care instructions until swelling and bruising have healed. If you experience a need for pain relief, please use Tylenol (unless it is contraindicated to a condition you have or medication you are taking). If you are experiencing bruising or swelling, please apply Arnica gel (this is an over-the-counter supplement that can be purchased at your local pharmacy) until bruising/swelling subsides, unless it is contraindicated with any of your medications/medical conditions.
- Please allow 2 weeks (4-6 weeks for lips) for the filler to fully settle prior to evaluating results.
- Please reach out if you need a follow-up/touchup following your filler injections.
- Touchups are appropriate for lumps/bumps, asymmetry, or other side effects. A desire for more volume in the treated area is NOT considered a touchup. You will need additional appts to reach your aesthetic goals.
- Do NOT exercise for 24 hours after injections (heavy lifting, cardio, yoga, etc) .
- Do NOT apply make-up for 24 hours after the procedure.
- No facials, massages, exfoliating, and/or applying Clarisonic devices to the injected area(s) for 2 weeks post-procedure.
- Avoid tanning or prolonged exposure to sunlight until swelling/bruising has subsided.
- Do NOT sleep on your face for the first 24 hours. Sleep on your back with your head elevated.
- After lip filler – avoid pursing the lips for the first 24 hours, which includes using straws or water bottles, kissing/intimate oral actions, and/or smoking/vaping/hookah.
- After lip filler – avoid massaging or manipulating the product.
- After lip filler – the maximum amount we recommend per treatment session is 1 ml of filler for lips. This helps prevent lip distortion or losing the natural shape of the lips. Most clients require additional treatments to reach their goals. Once goals are reached, they are typically maintained every 6-8 months.
- After lip filler – please avoid dental appointments and teeth whitening for at least 2 weeks post-procedure.
- After lip filler – avoid dirty masks for the first 24 hours, use a new & clean mask, please!
- For undereye, cheek, or jawline filler – avoid wearing any tight-fitting masks for 2 weeks after the procedure.
- If you desire additional filler for the area treated, please allow 4 weeks between appointment times to allow for full tissue recovery.
We would love your feedback on what you enjoyed and what could have been better at your appointment. If you would like, we would greatly appreciate if you leave Honey Aesthetics a review on google. Thank you & we hope to see your beautiful face soon!